My Blog List

Wednesday 4 July 2012

It's Been A While

It's been a busy few weeks for me, hence the reason I haven't been around.  We have had Amy home from uni for a few days, she would normally be home for the summer now but she has lots of commitments with her Olympic work and has also got to move house for her final year.  It was lovely to have her about the house even if it was fleeting glimpses of her in-between visiting her friends :)  I have managed to find time to be creative though :)  I visited a craft/art shop in Harrogate recently for the first time (Art From the Heart) and was amazed at all the wonderful creations that were on display there.  As I wondered round I spotted a small canvas work that I remembered seeing in a Craft Stampers magazine and thought at the time how great it would be to make something different to cards for a change but still use some of the techniques I was familiar with.  I bought the stamps that I needed to recreate the canvas...well not quite the same ones as they were out of stock, but I found something similar to use. I rushed home to route out my old copies of my magazines (thank goodness I don't listen to Kevin, he would have had me throw them all out ages ago!)  You cannot believe how long this piece took me to create!  I was so scared of it not being as good or even half as good as the one I was trying to reproduce that I sat for days and days looking at the blank canvas trying to pluck up the courage to put my first colours of acrylic paint onto it, well eventually I did :) and here's my finished piece.  I am really pleased with it and can't wait to get started on my next one :)



5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I love the background and the monster is really cute (if a monster can ever be cute!)
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki...he is quite cute isn't he :)

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely brilliant - I love it Dawn - I want to make it now too! Oh those stamps - brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry meant to say - its good to have you back again - talk about making an entrance though Dawn - and I'm really looking forward to seeing the next one too! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete