My Blog List

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Welcome Little One

Good afternoon folks and thanks for popping by, it's been a little while since I posted on my blog but I never seem to have enough hours in the day :)  My news today is that I have finished working at the tea room in Grassington, the shop has been sold and the new owners want to see if they can run it themselves during the week and have help at the weekends, I can't say I am sorry as it was only supposed to be a fill-in job which lasted 8 months!  I must admit I will miss some of the regular customers but it's quite a busy tearoom and I was exhausted by the end of the day :)  

Anyway, onto my card or cards as it is in this case.  I had to make a new baby card for the new addition to our extended family so decided it was the perfect time to use a stamp set that I have been itching to use for a while but never had a reason to.  I also decided to make a boy and girl version whilst I had the stamp set out.  The set I have used is an Avery Elle set called 'Story Book'  I inked up the cute little bunny and then coloured him with warm grey Copic pens.  I then die cut him out with the coordinating die.  I stamped, coloured and die cut the little birds and then used another die from Memory Box  (I think) to make a washing line between the birds.  I covered each of the baby clothes with different papers, the girl version I used a paper pad that I got free with a magazine and the boy version I used papers from a Carta Bella pad 'Baby Mine'  I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut Fishtail Flag by Dienamics and then mounted all the pieces onto a Spellbinders pierced rectangle.  I popped the top layer onto a matching piece of paper from the paper pads already mentioned.  The little sequins were added as a touch of sparkle.


Baby Girl



Baby Boy



Well that's the cards I have to show today but thought you may like a quick look at a couple of pics from our day at Bingley Music Live Festival on Sunday, I really wanted to see the Pet Shop Boys that were headlining of Sunday evening...They were Awesome!!!





Thanks once again for taking the time to pop by my blog and hope to see you again soon.

Dawn xxx





2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! Gorgeous, cute cards! Loving the little bunny. I saw Brenda the other day, she came to see me whilst they were down here. Brenda said that you told her to say hello :o) Glad you enjoyed the festival. Simon really likes the PSB, he'll be so jealous - har har!

    Take care and enjoy the rest of your week xx Colette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn - love your cute cards - they are fabby! Glad to hear that you've not got to continue with a job that is so tiring too. More time for crafting now! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete