My Blog List

Friday 24 February 2012

Demo card - Sat 25/02/12



This is the card that I have made as a sample for the demonstration day I am doing at Samuel Taylors at Embsay where I work.  I have used Craftynotions mica sprays and as this was the first time I have ever used them I was really pleased with the results.  Firstly I stamped the image using Versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder.  The stamp is a Woodware clear magic stamp, 'Grasses'.   I then spritzed the background over the top of the stamped image using Cherrylicious and Emerald.  I wasn't too keen on the 'splattered' effect that I got so I took some kitchen roll and blended the colours gently together, blending in an upward motion.  I then dried off the card with my heat gun.  I stamped the smaller border image, again with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  I have kept the mounts simple so as not to detract from the image and just used green pearlised card and a matt purple card.  I have tied a purple and green organza ribbon and added some diamantes for a touch of sparkle (Think I was a magpie in a previous life as can't resist a bit of 'Bling'!)  Will definitely be using this technique again as I just love the effect and although I got my hands a little inky...not a messy crafter by nature :) ...It all came off with soap and water so I have nothing to fear next time!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn ,
    l love it ! what a fantastic card !love what you have done..its beautiful !
    Hugs
    susan
    x
    Ps Great job with the Blog BTW ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan :) Really value your opinion and thanks for the confidence boost x

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous card, Dawn. I love the mica spray background and the white image is a great contrast for it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I remember you from CB. I really should visit there more, but time slips away from me.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nikki, I don't think there are enough hours in the day for us crafters :) x

      Delete