My Blog List

Monday 27 February 2012

Romance Is In The Air



Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to pop by.  I was determined that today I would make a card as it's my only day off this week and if I did't spend some of it crafting then I would go to bed sad :(  Anyway card complete, I can sleep I can go to bed happy (does this sound a little like an addiction?)  The stamp I have used is from a  Little Claire Design stamp set, Butterfly Tree, the sentiment is from Little Claire Designs, Garden set. I stamped the two separate birds onto the branch that was supporting the birdhouse and then coloured in with my copics.  I added a green gingham punched heart.  I then cut out the image with my scalloped nestie and inked round the edge with Spun Sugar Distress ink and mounted it onto a heart circle nestie cut from pale green card.  I have added pink and white roses, pink and green leaf pins, card candi, pink ribbon and some diamantes.  The sentiment was stamped onto green gingham paper.  I added some faux stitches round the edge of the heart backing paper (quite subtle, perhaps I should have used a slightly darker pink pen).  Well off to find something else to stamp and colour now, see you soon x

I am entering this card into Little Claire Designs Challenge - Romance

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card very pretty thanks for joining us at little claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you maxine, I am new to Blogging and this is only the second challenge I have entered, as I am a new member to the Little Claire Stamp club too I thought I would join in the challenge :) x

      Delete
  2. Thats gorgeous Dawn !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. Pretty colours and embelishments. Great layout.

    thank you for joining Little CLaire's blog challenge and using a Little Claire's image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for your kind words Georgina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dawn,
    How you feeling ?
    Click on the pic on my blog of the award..and save it on your computer.go to your blog and add it to your side coloumn as if you were adding a 'gadget ' and upload the pic and save.The idea then is you make a post about it and choose 5 followers of your blog that have less than 200 followers..link them and leave them a message like l did to you..
    For more info click on my post and then onto Jackie's blog and you can get the idea on how l got the blog award, jackie has wrote a little more about the award than l did..its easy once you have done it once you will see. If you feel you want to make a bit to have more followers, then do it another time..hope this helps..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the way you've used the little birds and birdhouse and that sentiment works perfectly with them too. Glad you're enjoying the club kits - it's me that designs the club cards and cuts out the kits so I hope you carry on enjoying them!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire and good luck!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Helen for your kind comment. I love the Little Claire Design stamps, just received my new March ones and am desperately trying to find time to play with them...perhaps tomorrow :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn, oh! wow I love this very pretty card hun. This is my all time fave LC stamp set. Your design and details are gorgeous. Love the leaf pins and how you've used them. I have to tell you that Skipton is my fave place to visit, it's so lovely and I always pay Samuel Taylors a visit too whilst we're there. (ooh! what a fab place to work. :o)

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete