My Blog List

Thursday 29 March 2012

First Ever 12x12 Scrapbook Page!


Well here it is, my first ever 12x12 Scrapbook page :)  I thought I would have a go as we needed some samples at work to show off the new papers we have just received.  I must admit I was slightly daunted by the size of the project having only ever made a 6x6 page before and I could probably have used a little more to embellish, but I am quite happy for a first attempt :)  I have used papers from the Sun Kiss Collection by Prima.  The edges have been punched using a Martha Stewart punch and the strips have been cut with a Tonic floral (geared) punch.  I have cut out flowers and butterfly with Tonic punches too.  The text has been printed onto Safmat and then stuck onto one of the journal tags which I have cut from one of the papers in the collection.  I have used Card Candi and Crystal Sticker diamantes.  The photo is showing a little paler than in real life.  I have enjoyed doing this project and may possibly do more 12x12 pages in the future :)
Off to have a go at the next project now which is a paper bag for the demo day on Saturday at Samuel Taylors.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you've got a wonderful job if this is for work! LOL! Wish I had one like that! Great page too! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! Hope you are well! Lovely layout and page. Simple, but makes a statement. Cute photo too of Maisie. I started a scrapbook of our cat Gypsy (passed away 2 years ago at age 17 - still missed and much loved) I know what you mean about filling in a 12 x 12 page! I'll have to post some piccies on my blog, I haven't done any scrapbooking for a while as been so busy with commissions for Crafts Beautiful, but hope to get back on with it soon.

    Take care and have a great time at the demo on Saturday!

    Love & hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel and Colette, Yes work is great Rachel ;) Just a little too tempting when all the new products come in!
    Thanks Colette, we have a cat called Gypsy too! She is Three now and she thinks Maisie is her kitten, she sits and washes her and curls up with her, really cute to see :)
    Thanks for kind comments
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete