My Blog List

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Anyone For Tea?



Good afternoon everyone!  Not posted for a little while so am hoping to make up for that in the next few days :)  It's been glorious weather hasn't it!  Not quite as warm today but the sun has eventually made an appearance and it's becoming a lovely afternoon.  The card I am showing today is another of  Mo Manning's fabulous images, I just love her work!  I have coloured her with my copics and forced myself to go out of my comfort zone and use red!  I am not a lover of red but fancied making something a little patriotic and I couldn't do that without using red :)  I have added a touch of glitter to the paper doily and embellished with roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I have used paper and card from my crafting stash and some red, clear and blue gems to complete the card.  The sentiment has been done on my PC using Safmat and put onto a punched out tag shape. Well talking of tea..I think I am need of a brew myself now but as I don't drink tea it will have to be a coffee :)  Hope you are all well and just a little thank you to those of you that take the time to leave comments and words of encouragement, it really means a lot to me.  Thank you until next time.
Dawn xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn !
    Just catching up as l have been away in Barcelona visiting Sara...
    These recent makes are very, very pretty Dawn ! love the Mo images and how you have coloured them too. Love the card designs too !
    Hope you, Kevin and Amy are all well ? how are the pets too ?
    Hugs
    Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! I was beginning to wonder where you were as not seen any posts on your blog for a little while, just glad to know you were having a lovely time in Barcelona. Thanks for your comments on my cards, really appreciate them. Everything is fine here thanks, cats, dog, Kevin and Amy all well, we are expecting Amy home for 10 days on June 20th, she has a busy schedule this summer with the Olympics, course work and finding a new home so she has managed to squeeze a short visit to us. I now have a date for my op which is 23rd July so not too long to wait, will be glad when it's all over and I am on the mend :)
      Have you any plans to visit the UK this year?
      Hugs
      Dawn xxx

      Delete
  2. Hiya Dawn.
    A gorgeous card, and I love how you have used the red. I am like you, I am actually a little scared of my "Red" copic, it's just soooo "red"! But like you if used in small doses it really works.
    I love Mo Manning too, as you know, and this one you have used is one I have not seen, it's adorable. Love the gingham.
    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie and thanks for your kind comments on my card, I know exactly what you mean by being scared of your red copic! :) I am too, but I am quite pleased with the overall result. The image is from a set of images, think it's called 'tea party' there are a couple of other characters in the set but I liked this little girl the best :)
      Hugs
      Dawn xx

      Delete