My Blog List

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Tree and grasses




Yesterday I had a lovely time demonstrating Tim Holtz Distress Stains at work (Samuel Taylor's, Embsay).  This is the card I made as a sample to take with me.  I have used the stains to create a background, I used, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood and dried Marigold.  I then stamped onto the background with an Indigoblu stamp,Tree-mendous and added some grasses from the Craftwork Cards stamp set, Graceful Grasses and Birdcages.  There are a few bird silhouettes in the last stamp set so I added two little birds sat in the tree to finish off the scene.  I then mounted the image onto some plain Kraft card and some embossed and sanded core'dinations card.  The card blank is made from ribbed Kraft card.  I had a little problem with the Happy Birthday sentiment as it was white and it just looked awful, so I tried using the stains on the background of the banner and it took really well, so at least it now blends in nicely with the colours used in the image.  I really wasn't sure at all about this card when I had finished it but as it sat on my desk on Friday night I came to like it more and more.

Well it's the Skipton Waterways Festival this weekend so I am hoping to go and look at all the decorated narrowboats this afternoon once Kevin gets back from his cycle ride.  At least the weather is looking good today :)  Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend.