My Blog List

Sunday 6 May 2012

Tree and grasses




Yesterday I had a lovely time demonstrating Tim Holtz Distress Stains at work (Samuel Taylor's, Embsay).  This is the card I made as a sample to take with me.  I have used the stains to create a background, I used, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood and dried Marigold.  I then stamped onto the background with an Indigoblu stamp,Tree-mendous and added some grasses from the Craftwork Cards stamp set, Graceful Grasses and Birdcages.  There are a few bird silhouettes in the last stamp set so I added two little birds sat in the tree to finish off the scene.  I then mounted the image onto some plain Kraft card and some embossed and sanded core'dinations card.  The card blank is made from ribbed Kraft card.  I had a little problem with the Happy Birthday sentiment as it was white and it just looked awful, so I tried using the stains on the background of the banner and it took really well, so at least it now blends in nicely with the colours used in the image.  I really wasn't sure at all about this card when I had finished it but as it sat on my desk on Friday night I came to like it more and more.

Well it's the Skipton Waterways Festival this weekend so I am hoping to go and look at all the decorated narrowboats this afternoon once Kevin gets back from his cycle ride.  At least the weather is looking good today :)  Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! What a lovely serene card. Beautiful combination of colours, very earthy! Glad you had a lovely day at Embsay, demonstrating.

    When we lived in Skipton, we used to go to the Waterways Festival. I have a friend who I used to work with at the library, she and her husband lived on a narrowboat. Over winter it is their home and then throughout the holiday season it's used as a hotel going up and down the country. It's called Hotelboat Periwinkle. It is fantastic inside, Gill and Steve are wonderful hosts and great chefs!!! See if you can spot them.

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Colette xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a brilliant card Dawn ! really lovely creative work...Well done ! Glad you enjoyed the demos yesterday.How lovely to be able to work and play with all the lovely products !
    Hope you have a lovely day...l remember when you use to show us on the forum, all the pics of the narrowboats.maybe you could post a few on your blog Dawn..Hope you , Kevin and Amy are all well...
    Love
    susan x
    All fine here.Marcos phoned me from Thailand at lunchtime, it was a lovely surprise,as he had texted in the morning. Sara will ring when she finishes work later today. Our meal was lovely too. Just watching CCTV with a cuppa hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Dawn - hope you enjoyed the narrowboats! We've been to the zoo - fab time! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, that's fantastic. I love those colours and I also love how you have made the sentiment part of the colours scheme too. I think crafting is all about using our initiative and you have down that so well. I love the tree stamp...I haven't done a lot of stamping, and I'm a bit shy of it really, but you have done a fabby job.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete