My Blog List

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Tag Book

Today's creation has been a wonderful project to work on and has taken me a lonnnng time :)    I want to give credit to the two wonderful ladies at Lovin' Ink Janet and Michelle.  They made this project at a workshop at Samuel Taylors, Embsay Mills and as I was actually working on the day doing demonstrations they kindly gave me the pieces of card, acetate and  ribbon etc. that were needed to make the project and emailed me the instructions, so thank you Janet and Michelle.

I purposely saved this project to do whilst I am recovering from my op and have spent weeks putting together all the different stamps, ink pads, alcohol inks etc.  The object of the project was to use different surfaces to stamp onto and create backgrounds with alcohol inks.  I have had so much fun creating each tag and trying out different techniques.  I had never played with alcohol inks until now and I have fallen in love with them.  

So here is the finished tag book!













I haven't photographed every page and each tag is double-sided.  There are others on acetate which didn't show too well on the photos.  I am thrilled with the completed book and  now need to make a fancy box to keep it in :)

Hope you like it and if you want to see more of Janet and Michelle's workshop details pop over to Lovin' Ink

Have a great day, Love Dawn x

9 comments:

  1. brilliant work Dawn - I'm loving tags and think I should make more! Big hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Dawn.
    I was so sad I missed this class at it was one I so wanted to attend.
    Your instructions to me were great and now seeing your work is really great.
    Hope you are doing ok and relaxing, don't you overdo it!
    I am in your area tomorrow at a Retreat in Slaidburn (don't know if you know where that is) we are doing two days of crafting.
    Debbiex
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Debbie, I know I was gutted when I saw it and I realised I wouldn't be able to go to the workshop, but I have had so much fun making this, I feel lost now it's done :)

      Yes I know where Slaidburn is, it's about 20 minutes away, a lovely village, hope you enjoy your retreat, sounds heavenly!
      Love
      Dawn x

      Delete
  3. Fantastic Dawn, so pleased you enjoyed making it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, it was a real learning curve for me :)
      Dawn x

      Delete
  4. Fabulous work Dawn !
    You are a clever lady, these are really creative ! Well done !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan (Blushing) I have learnt so much since I started at the craft shop at Embsay, so many people with so much talent!
      Love and Hugs
      Dawn xxx

      Delete
  5. A fantastic tag book. I love all the quotes.
    I have just read your posts that i have missed. I'm sorry to hear you had to have an operation. I do hope you recover quickly.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki and thanks for the well wishes, I am doing quite well now thanks, just loving all this crafting as no housework allowed :)
      Dawn x

      Delete