My Blog List

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Sweet little birdies...Ahhhh



Today's little card was just the result of playing with a new stamp and a new Memory Box border die I have.  The cute little birds are from Darcie's.  I inked the umbrella with Tim Holtz 'Picked Raspberry' Distress ink and the rest of the stamp I inked with Memento black. I then coloured the rest of the image with my Promarkers and then cut out using a scalloped circle nestie.  I  found some paper that went perfectly with the pattern on the umbrella so I cut out a larger circle using the next size up of the nestie and then die cut the flower border from Memory Box with the same paper.  I did the same with the sentiment and then remembered a die I have had for a long time of a cute little bird so I cut him out of plain white card and then coloured the same colours as I have used on the little birds and popped him at the bottom of the card.  I added some tiny diamantes to the centre of the the flowers on the border to add a little sparkle.  Not sure who this card will be for but I am sure it will come in handy one day :)

Thanks for taking the time to pop by and hugs until the next time.
Dawn xxx

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Dawn. I love the little birdies and the flower border is wonderful.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card Dawn - lovely and gentle colours - and great images - fab xx

    ReplyDelete