My Blog List

Tuesday 20 November 2012

A canvas gift




I spent a very happy day making this 6x6 canvas as a gift for my niece Katy (hopefully she won't read my blog until after her birthday on Friday) I have painted the canvas with pink, mint green and white acrylic paint.  I then cut out a chipboard, Tim Holtz edging die and coloured it with Distress pens.  I wrapped some bakers twine around the bobbin.  The buttons are sewn onto some vintage thread cards which I printed out on my computer from a download which I think was from the Craft Stamper site.  I have used a small piece of paper from a Papermania pad with the sewing pattern image on and inked it with Tea Dye Distress ink.  I stamped the little sentiment onto a Craftwork cards ticket and added some sewing themed charms.  The edges of the canvas have been stamped with a Kanban ruler stamp.  Katy loves all things crafty so I am hoping she will love this handmade gift.

I would like to enter this into the Stitch in Time challenge at Anything But a Card with thanks to Rachel for suggesting it :)

8 comments:

  1. Hiya Dawn.
    Gorgeous canvas, love the detail, and I have that sewing edge die from Tim but not used it yet, wow that looks great.
    Have a good day, raining here is it with you?
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Debbie, it's the first time I have used that die and I have had it for ages :) Rain just started here but it's a lot milder than it has been.
      Love
      Dawn x

      Delete
  2. this is fabulous Dawn - really gorgeous - perfect for the stitch in time challenge over at anything but a card - check it out! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Rachel for the kind comment and thanks for the Challenge entry suggestion ;)
      Hugs
      Dawn x

      Delete
  3. I love your chunky little canvas and the sewing theme fits so perfectly with our challenge this time. Tim's on the edge die looks fab but I really love those vintage cards you printed out for your buttons - what a great idea. I'm sure your niece will appreciate all the work that has gone into your canvas.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card for this challenge and we hope you'll join us again soon.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, this is just stunning. I love the vintage button cards and the tape measure down the side. Well done you!

    Thanks for entering the blog candy. I have changed entry slightly, as people who craft but don't have a blog want to enter. I'm going to give everyone who comments a number (you are #1) Then I'll use a number generator when the candy closes.

    Good luck :)

    P.S. Simon and I are visiting my parents on the weekend of 15/16th Dec, so I'll probably pop up to Embsay on the 15th, will you be working? It would be good to see you.

    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colette, thanks for the kind words on my canvas. I will be at work on the 15th but I don't work on Sundays, it would be great to see you too.
      Hugs
      Dawn x

      Delete
  5. Great project! It will surely be appreciated! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete