My Blog List

Wednesday 3 April 2013

You Brighten My Day...Like Sunshine



Hi, hope you are all well and enjoying seeing some sunshine even if it is still very cold! :)

I made this bright and cheery card the other day using some new papers and embellishments I have had for a little while but not had chance to play with.  The papers I have used are from BoBunny, I just loved the cute little bee that came along with the stamp set, perhaps you can just spot him...I stamped him on Shrink plastic :)  I also used my Epiphany studio to punch out a little bee from the background paper and made him into an epoxy sticker.   I've used Spellbinders flowers and flourishes as the main focus and a sentiment from Lili of the Valley.

Today I am trying something new to me.  I have fancied having a go at Art Journaling and have started my first page, I am finding it pretty scary and glad that I decided to start on a small scale.  My first journal is only 6x6 but we all have to start somewhere :)  Perhaps I might be brave enough to show you my first attempt once it's complete!

That's all folks for today.
Hugs
Dawn x

2 comments:

  1. Oh can't wait to see your Art Journaling Dawn. I do it now and again and have joined in with Kate Cranes Calender for each month. Just start small, I colour my pages with pan pastels, or paint on a babywipe and after it's dry (thats the key, letting it dry), doodle etc.
    Good Luck.
    Gorgeous card today, love those bright sweet flowers and that bee is fab. Will I see you Sunday, if not I will see you next time.
    Those papers I used in my Box Frame were from GNPE and I think they were on the Which Crafts stall (where all the nit wit stuff is).
    DebbieX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dawn. I love your bright card. Just gorgeous. Can't wait to see your journals xx

    ReplyDelete