My Blog List

Thursday 31 October 2013

First Christmas Card and A Trip To Thailand


It's been a busy few days here as we have been getting ready for Amy's departure to Thailand, we took her to the airport on Tuesday and she will be away until February next year. Amy is going to Phang Nga near Phuket to do a teaching certificate and hopefully enjoy some of the amazing experiences of Thailand.  It's going to be strange not having her here for Christmas but with all the wonderful advances in technology we can keep in touch, have spoken to her lots already and it's only been a couple of days :)  Here's a photo of Amy and Kevin at the check in desk at Manchester Airport, there were a few tears as she left us (from me!) and more once we got home but once I had heard she had arrived ok and was settled in her hostel where she will stay for the next few days I was much happier :)



I managed to finish off the card I started yesterday.  This was the set I was using at the demo at Samuel Taylors on Saturday, it's a Sizzix stamp and die set by Tim Holtz called Snowman Blueprint.  I stamped the snowman several times onto watercolour card/paper and cut him out using the matching dies.  I then coloured the image with Distress markers and a water brush.  I layered him up with silicone glue and mounted him onto some black and blue card before putting it all onto a cream card blank.  This is the first Christmas card I have made for myself, I've done lots lately at work for Demos but I must get a move on and make some more! :)



Hope you are well on this Halloween day and thanks for popping by and taking the time to comment on my posts, really appreciate it.
Dawn x

1 comment:

  1. Great photo Dawn and i'm sure your girl will have an amazing time. Love that snowman set. I got the spiders web one and love it xx

    ReplyDelete