My Blog List

Monday, 14 October 2013

The Wanderer Returns!

It's been a while, I know :)

I've had a little break from my crafting as I was feeling pressure to craft when I didn't really want to and therefore not enjoying my hobby.  I have been on a bit of a 'get fit' regime and have started swimming, cycling and Pilates and all that takes time and effort.  I am feeling the benefits from it though and intend to continue but as the darker nights and colder weather are setting in I thought I would return to my crafting stash and look at it all with 'fresh' eyes.

The tag I am showing today was inspired by the fabulous walk I had yesterday along the river Wharfe from Grassington to Burnsall and back with my favourite companion, (don't tell Kevin!) Maisie the Cocker-Spaniel.  We set off with a little bit of blue sky but it soon disappeared and left us with a grey and cloudy canopy but the view around us was far from grey!  The grass was still a luscious green but was sprinkled with bright orange, gold, yellow and red leaves and so many shiney mahogany conkers.  The river was clear and flowing quite fast but not so fast as to churn it up and make it brown.  There were walkers in bright rain coats ahead of us and children kicking up the still dry leaves.  It was a wonderful autumn walk!