My Blog List

Monday 14 October 2013

The Wanderer Returns!

It's been a while, I know :)

I've had a little break from my crafting as I was feeling pressure to craft when I didn't really want to and therefore not enjoying my hobby.  I have been on a bit of a 'get fit' regime and have started swimming, cycling and Pilates and all that takes time and effort.  I am feeling the benefits from it though and intend to continue but as the darker nights and colder weather are setting in I thought I would return to my crafting stash and look at it all with 'fresh' eyes.

The tag I am showing today was inspired by the fabulous walk I had yesterday along the river Wharfe from Grassington to Burnsall and back with my favourite companion, (don't tell Kevin!) Maisie the Cocker-Spaniel.  We set off with a little bit of blue sky but it soon disappeared and left us with a grey and cloudy canopy but the view around us was far from grey!  The grass was still a luscious green but was sprinkled with bright orange, gold, yellow and red leaves and so many shiney mahogany conkers.  The river was clear and flowing quite fast but not so fast as to churn it up and make it brown.  There were walkers in bright rain coats ahead of us and children kicking up the still dry leaves.  It was a wonderful autumn walk!








4 comments:

  1. Oh a big welcome back Dawn. It was lovely to see you the last time we visited at ST, you looked great, your workout regime is defiantly paying off.
    Angie and I did an Autumn Fair yesterday (with lovely ST products) and it was a great success, so we are getting stuff made for our next one at the beginning of November. We will be back in the Shop soon as Angie and I are coming to the Workshop with Michelle (make your own Wrapping Paper), so cannot wait for that.
    Gorgeous tag and inspired by our local scenery, we really are spoilt in this part of the country aren't we.
    Take care and speak again soon. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie and thanks for the welcome back :) Hope the autumn fair was a success for you, I know you and Angie put a lot of work into them. Have fun at the wrapping paper class and maybe I will pop in and see you. Thanks for the kind words about my tag, yes the scenery is amazing in this part of the world.
      Dawn x

      Delete
  2. so wonderful to see you back in blogland Dawn - and with such a fabulous tag. Good luck with the fitness regime - I know what you mean about the time it takes - as somebody who runs three times a week and does three classes too I'm fully aware of not just the time exercising bu the to and from time - and recovery lol!!! Its worth it though I think!!!! Keep going with it! Bg Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Rachel, thank you for the kind comments about my tag. I am really enjoying the buzz and the benefits I am getting from my exercise, now I just need to fit in my crafting and blogging :)
      Dawn x

      Delete