My Blog List

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Colour Swatches

Good evening, just a quick post from me today, I have been busy making  a swatch book of my inks and Copic markers, it's been a labour of love, I have to say it took me loads longer than I thought it would!  I have heard that it is supposed to help to choose and match colours, especially if you are wanting to use patterned papers and colour images to match the colours in the paper (I have yet to see if it works as not had chance to use the system yet).  At least I have an up to date record of my inks and Copics :)  I used a pretty folder that I got from WH Smiths several years ago with the addition of some ATC pocket inserts.  I used a stamp set from Avery Elle called 'To The Point' it had a solid chevron that I used for the ink pads and a strip of chevrons that I was able to stamp and colour with my pens.  I used my Tim Holtz ATC die from Sissix to cut loads of cards so that they would fit the pockets perfectly.  I now just have my Distress Markers to do, but as I don't use them very often, it may be sometime before they get done :)

Ink Pads


Copic Markers


I will let you know how I go on with the swatch system once I have used it for a while.  Thanks for dropping by.

Dawn x


2 comments:

  1. Definitely a chore, but looks worth it, good job you. debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous job - and something I keep meaning to do! Looks fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete