My Blog List

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Dad's Beep Boop Birthday Card

Good morning, how are you this Tuesday morning?  Yes I know, two posts in as many days!  don't know what's come over me :)  I have had a bit of a run on birthdays lately so I have a few cards that I haven't blogged yet so thought I better get a move on.  

The card I am sharing with you today is the one I made for my dad for his birthday which was on Sunday.  I have used a stitched frame from Mama Elephant to make the top layer of card it's called Femme Frame, I am just loving the look of these stitched frames at the moment, I have my eye on a few more that I would like to purchase but will have to wait for funds to accumulate first :)  The little robot is from a sweet little set by Lawn Fawn, it also has coordinating dies which of course I just had to have!  The set is called Beep Boop.  I stamped the robot and coloured him with my Copics and then cut him out, I gave him the balloon and cupcake to hold which again were stamped out, coloured and die cut.   I decided the card looked a little plain so I went through my dies and found a little cog die from Spellbinders and cut three little apertures into the card and backed it with some paper from a 6x6 pad by Doodlebug called 'Hip hip hooray'. I stamped out the happy birthday greeting and die cut that out and added 'Dad' at the bottom using a stamp from Clearly Besotted.  The balloon has had Glossy Accents applied to it, to add some shine.  I finished the card off by adding three little enamel dots.



Although my dad was 76 this birthday, he still loved this cute little fun card.  

Thanks for taking the time to pop by and fingers crossed that this post has published as I am putting it on a scheduled post :)

Until the next post....
Dawn x

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Dawn
    What a super cute card and perfect for your Dad. My Dad would have liked this too (especially as like me he was a Sci-Fi freak!!)

    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete