My Blog List

Wednesday 1 October 2014

It's October!

Good evening crafty folks!  Hope you are all well, I have a couple of cards to show you today, they are both Halloween themed.  







I don't usually make Halloween cards but I have two someones in mind for these as a little surprise ;)  I've used a stamp set from Mama Elephant to make these cards.  The set is called 'Bootastic' and of course I had to get the matching dies to go along with the stamp set.  I stamped the Frankenstein and Dracula image with memento black ink and then coloured them both with Copic pens.  I cut out the spider web frame which is a Dienamics die set and then it occurred to me to make the card a shaker card.  I don't think I have made a shaker for years and years!  I remembered way back into my early days of crafting that I had purchased a packet of black orange and white spiders......Well the hunt was on to find them :) (That will be the one and only time I will be tracking down spiders as I really really don't like them!)  Well without too much trouble I located the colourful spiders at the back of my cupboards and thought just how perfect they were for my cards.  The paper I have used is by Doodlebug 'ghouls and goodies' and the stitched rectangles are by Lawn Fawn.  The Happy Halloween is from a really versatile set by Clearly Besotted called 'Sweet Little Sentiments'.   I have really enjoyed making these Halloween cards, it's most unusual for me to use such bright colours but it's good to do  things out of your comfort zone from time to time :)

Thanks for popping by and happy crafting.

Dawn x


No comments:

Post a Comment