My Blog List

Thursday 29 January 2015

Just Scooting by.....

Hello there and thanks for dropping by!  Well it's a snowy day here but when you don't have to go to work it's just lovely to be snug at home and see the world outside turn to white :) I've done a little housework this morning and spent some time reading my book, now I am hitting the craft room.  I have a new set of stamps that I am desperate to play with but as I already have a card half completed I must get that done before I start another!

This little card was made for my sister-in-law.  My brother and his wife love their motorbikes and have recently purchased a little scooter, which they are loving going out on. I thought this was just the perfect stamp set to use to make a Scooter themed card for Cath.  The set is from Paper Smooches, it's called 'Spiffy Scooters' I stamped the image onto some white stamping card and then I chose some papers from a paper pad from Doodlebug 'Take Note' I chose a few different designs and then stamped the image again onto all of them.  I then cut out the different parts of the scooter and pieced them all together on the image I stamped onto the white card.  Once I have completed the paper piecing I die cut the full image out with the co-ordinating die.  The background I made using a cloud embossing folder and a piece of dark grey card which i die cut with a Lawn Fawn stitched edge die.  I added a piece of florist wire as the flag post and stuck the flag onto the wire.  The sentiment was from the Spiffy Scooter stamp set. I added 3 little chevron enamel dots which are also from Doodlebug.  



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Stamping Mad - Cute Card Thursday 
Anything Goes - Simon Says Stamp


Well the next card is calling me to finish it off so I better get a move on :)  Thanks again for taking the time to drop by :)

Dawn x




1 comment:

  1. super card Dawn - I hope you got the other one finished - sounds like you had lots of snow - its been and gone here - there may be more tonight though! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete