My Blog List

Tuesday 20 January 2015

"Hippo Birdie to Ewe" and A New Found 'Love'

Good afternoon, hope you are all well today!  So much for my promised scheduled posts :( (sorry)  I just ran out of time to write them up and before I knew it the time had flown and it's now 5 days later!  I thought I had better get on with my post today as it's a day off from work and I had nothing too pressing to get done today apart from a little food shopping, but that can wait.  I logged onto my blog this morning only to find that the template background I had been using has now disappeared, so what was going to be a few minute update on my blog turned out to take up half my day.  I hope you like the new look and that the colour scheme meets your approval, I'm not too sure about it yet so it could change the next time I update it :)  


Well, onto the card that I have to show you today.  I made this for our friend whose birthday was last Friday.  I used three stamp sets for this creation, the first was a stamp set from Lawn Fawn, it's just entitled 'Year Four' it's one of the little sets that they bring out from time to time.  The sentiment that comes with the set reads 'Hippo Birdie to You' but I remembered that I had a little sheep stamp from Mama Elephant in the 'Carnival Cupcake' set so I thought that if I added that to the scene I could change the 'You' to 'Ewe' The problem then was I didn't have 'Ewe' in either of the stamp sets I was using so that involved a hunt through all my stamps to find a stamp that said 'Ewe'.  Eventually I found one, it was in the Crafter's Companion stamp set by Rachelle Anne Miller 'Love Ewe'  I stamped all the images onto my stamping card of choice which is from Personal Impressions, it's the Premier Quality Smooth White Card which is perfect for colouring with Copics.  I then coloured the images and then cut them out with the co-ordinating dies.  I made a scene with a grass die cut from Lawn Fawn and a cloud embossing folder.  I added some glossy accents to the balloon to give it some shine.  




I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:

Imagination Crafts - January Challenge

Craft Stamper - 'Take a Stamp'

I thought I would also share with you my new 'love'.  I have recently rediscovered the joy of writing with a fountain pen.  I have decided to try and keep a journal this year (I think it's one of my goals every year and I usually do it for a few weeks and then give up!) I wanted the writing to be part of the experience of keeping the journal so I treated myself to a new fountain pen, it's a Faber Castell Loom Piano and I love it! :) I love how the ink flows and that the pen requires so little pressure to write, not like a ballpoint.  I have invested in the Graf Von Faber-Castell ink cartridges which contain a high quality ink and I am so pleased with the whole experience.  I have even got out my old Parker ink pen that I was given when I was about 16 I think and I have flushed it out and bought some new cartridges for that too.  Hopefully I will continue for longer with my journal....I'll let you know :)



Well that's it for today folks, the supermarket is calling :)
Have a good day and thanks for dropping by.
Dawn x


4 comments:

  1. This is adorable .... love the embossed background.Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card and the phrase are both so cute, thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Dawn - love love love this cute card - its wonderful! Thanks so much for your kind words - I'm trying my very best to be thankful and make the most of what me and my girls have - because it is an awful lot. Its not always easy but Shaun was always so positive and he wouldn't want me to be moping around. So I have to try - big hugs to you and good luck with keeping the journal going xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so cute, love it! Thank you for joining in the Craft Stammpers challenge and good luck, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete