My Blog List

Thursday 17 May 2012

Card For My Nephew and a Crafty Gadget


Yesterday it was my nephews 16th birthday...my, how time passes... I had seen this Mo Manning image a while ago and thought of him, he is a real games addict and to top it all he looks rather like the character in the image :)  I have coloured with my promarkers and added Glossy Accents to the can and the games console to give texture and dimension.  I have used a corrugated card for the card blank and some black polka dot and gingham paper for the layers.  The Happy Birthday bunting has been stamped onto Kraft card and then inked round the edges with Distress ink, took me ages to cut it all out but I was pleased with the result so well worth the effort.  The bunting stamps are from Little Claire Designs.  I really happy with this card as I find male cards really challenging.



And now to my new crafting gadget! :)


I saw this in a crafting magazine a few days ago and thought it was just ideal for my 'Windmills of my Mind' book that I started a little while ago (see older post)  I love the fact that you can add little phrases or graphics before the date.  It's from American Crafts and says Dear Lizzie on the handle.  Then there is the fact that it's pink too :)  Will look forward to using it on my next book entry.

Hope you have all had a good day so far, until next time, take care.

Dawn xxx

3 comments:

  1. fab card Dawn - I too have seen this image and I thought of my nephews - still haven't got around to buting it yet but me thinks it won't take long! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Dawn! It's so difficult to find images for teenage boys! Brilliant colours too. I've been thinking about getting one of the American Crafts Stamp, it's so retro! I love the fact you can give your projects that quirky finishing touch. :) Colette

    ReplyDelete