My Blog List

Friday 17 August 2012

Create You Own Story!

I am having so much fun with these wooden tag shapes :)  I made this yesterday using the Ruby Rainbow stamp from Dylusions another purchase from Art from the Heart.  I primed the wooden tag with Gesso and once dry, I applied acrylic paint colours in pale green and yellow.  I stamped and cut out 'Ruby', coloured her with copic pens and added some tiny brad buttons (think they are Woodware). I added some glossy accents to the welly boots.  I stamped the sentiment which came from the Lindsay Mason Creative Thoughts set and cut out the words individually and stuck them onto the background.  I used a Kaisercraft stamp, Bubble Wrap with Brilliance White inkpad to make a faint design on the background and then used an eraser on the top of a pencil to stamp again with a silver ink pad.  Hope you like the completed tag :)


  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,

    Fantastic tag! Loving the quirky edge you are giving to your projects!

    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Dawn....you are so clever.......and using bubble-wrap for a background is a great idea too.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Annie, the bubble wrap was actually a stamp called Bubble Wrap, probably would have been cheaper using the real thing :) Lovely to see you, you have been missed.
      Love
      Dawn xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow Dawn what great techniques you have used on the gorgeous Tag.
    I love the image, don't have this one, but it's on my list, but I do have the Lynsey Mason word stamp set, it's great.
    The background bubble wrap and pencil rubber looks fab, clever old you.
    Hope you are feeling a little better and not overdoing it!
    Angie and I are hoping to come through to ST on Saturday 1st September. There is an Embossing class and we fancy it, I will let you know if I call and if you are in work that day I will look out for you.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Debbie, I am doing my best to take it easy :) I am not due back to work until after the 6th September so probably won't see you unless I call in, should be just about able to drive again by then, doctor permitting! The class with the embossing is run by the same ladies that did the Tag book, they are very talented. I do actually have then instructions for the tag book and have asked their permission to pass it on to you but as yet not had an answer. I will email you as soon as I hear from them :)
      Love
      Dawn x

      Delete
  4. fabulous tag Dawn - really stunning work - never used Gesso - I think I'm a bit scared of it to be honest - but I really must try! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Dawn,
    Just popped over to have a catch up on your lovely blog !
    Loving these tags ! very creative work Dawn,you seem to be trying out so many techniques and styles lately and they are all working well for you !
    Take care and sending hugs
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete