My Blog List

Thursday, 16 August 2012

Have Faith...


Good  afternoon.  Well today I  am showing my first 'Inspirational' wooden tag. I saw these tags when I was in Art From the Heart in Harrogate, I liked the size of them and the smoothness of the wood appealed to my sense of touch.  I gave the wooden shape an undercoat of white acrylic paint and then once it was dry I used lilac, green and orange paint to cover in patches.  I then stamped a background using grey and black memento using the feather/leaf stamp that came with the Lindsay Mason stamp set I have used.  I stamped and coloured the winged  girl, coloured her with copics and cut her out and stuck her with Glue n'seal to the tag.  I added a border of Tim Holtz sticky tape and a little metal butterfly charm.  The sentiment comes from another Lindsay Mason set called Creative Thoughts.   I am quite pleased with the finished result and even more pleased when I showed the finished article to Kevin as he asked me where I had bought it :)



                                           From this.....                        .....to this