My Blog List

Thursday 16 August 2012

Have Faith...


Good  afternoon.  Well today I  am showing my first 'Inspirational' wooden tag. I saw these tags when I was in Art From the Heart in Harrogate, I liked the size of them and the smoothness of the wood appealed to my sense of touch.  I gave the wooden shape an undercoat of white acrylic paint and then once it was dry I used lilac, green and orange paint to cover in patches.  I then stamped a background using grey and black memento using the feather/leaf stamp that came with the Lindsay Mason stamp set I have used.  I stamped and coloured the winged  girl, coloured her with copics and cut her out and stuck her with Glue n'seal to the tag.  I added a border of Tim Holtz sticky tape and a little metal butterfly charm.  The sentiment comes from another Lindsay Mason set called Creative Thoughts.   I am quite pleased with the finished result and even more pleased when I showed the finished article to Kevin as he asked me where I had bought it :)



                                           From this.....                        .....to this

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Dawn
    Hope you are feeling a bit better this week.
    Looks like you are still crafting ok, this Wood Tag is stunning. I love the colours, the image and the stamping you have done, it's lovely.
    I did not see these over at Dy's, must have missed them.
    I love her shop, and yours at Embssey Mills, its lovely. Last time I called i got some gorgeous papers.
    I saw just a few months ago the class there which had a tag book, I was desperate to come through, but had to work at the last minute. Hope it will be repeated.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Debbie. The tag book was lovely wasn't it, it was done by the ladies (Janet and Michelle) from Lovin'Ink
      Love
      Dawn x

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn - this is such a wonderful Tag! Love the images you've used too. Hope you're feeling much better now! Big hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Rachel, I am feeling lots better thanks, just need to get my energy levels up now after all this sitting in front of the TV watching the Olympics :)
      Love
      Dawn x

      Delete