My Blog List

Friday 10 August 2012

Diversion on the road to recovery....

Having started to feel slightly better and even having a little energy to craft, I found myself quite poorly on  wednesday, I went into a shivery fever and felt as though every ounce of energy had been sapped from me.  I ended up ringing NHS direct for their advice and after going through about every symptom I could possibly have they decided to send out my 'out of hours' GP to visit me, she arrived just before 10 pm.  My temperature was up and she thinks I have developed an infection internally so I am now on two different antibiotics!  Never mind, I am sure I will soon be 'fighting fit' (not that I have ever been that fit!)



I am now posting my 4th Canvas, it's been a long time in the making but I have eventually put it all together and I am quite pleased with how it has worked out.  I have used Stampbotique Monster with sign, a mushroom house stamp from Polkadoodles, too tall mushrooms from Dylusions and the text stamp was a mini Tim Holtz stamp.  All the images have been coloured using Copic pens and the canvas has been painted with Acrylic paints.  The little cloud stamp is from a set by Darcie's.  The words at the bottom are a Tim Holtz sticky tape.  I am quite pleased with this little canvas, it will go along side my first canvas (see previous post).  Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.  Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine that has appeared over the last couple of days :) Its really does make you feel better!

Dawn x

4 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry to hear you had a bad spell, you would have been low form the operation so any problems would have just made that worse. anti-biotics should see you right, but try to get some rest, we will still be hear when you come back!
    Another Gorgeous cavas, I have used this Monster a few times, he is adorable. Love the mushrooms.
    You take care, and speak again soon.
    p.s. I have been working full time this week, so no blogging really, especially when the Olympics are on too!
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear of your set back Dawn - you must take it easy! Really fab canvas though - I love that monster - he's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a set back, fingers crossed you'll soon be feeling much better. Loving the canvas, and that monster is so cute. The collours work really well too. I love Stampotique and Octopode Factory stamps,they are really unusual and quirky.

    A big hug from me:)

    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thank you everyone for your kind comments and well wishes, means so much to me.
    Love
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete