My Blog List

Friday 24 August 2012

The Adventurer

Good afternoon everyone, hope everyone is well and looking forward to the 'soggy' bank holiday weekend we are expecting :)  Nevermind, it's always a good excuse to stop in and be creative.  I made this card as I fancied a colouring in session.  I downloaded a Mo Manning image called  The Adventurer and coloured him with my copics.  I then cut him out with a nestie and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress ink.  I used the next size up die to cut out some kraft card and again inked the edges.  The backing paper is from 7 Gypsies.  The sentiment which I thought was just perfect for the image is from Lindsay Mason 'Creative Thoughts' stamp set.  I made a little compass from a Tim Holtz mini stamp and then cut it out using the Epiphany Shape studio and popped it into a little metal setting.  I was pleased with how the compass stamp fitted perfectly in the setting.  




This image reminds me of the 'interesting' walks we had in the Lake District earlier this year with Kevin's brother and his wife....we set off, maps in hand and got lost every day :)

Thanks for popping by.
Love
Dawn xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Dawn.
    Hope I find you well.
    Your card is so lovely, brilliant for a "dreaded" Man's card!!

    I really enjoyed it at Slaidburn. We stayed at a place called Stephen Park, it was great.
    We did two full day projects with Indigo Blu owner Kay Halliwell and the talented and lovely Sarah McCrossan. Don't know if you know either of them.
    The first project was a row of wooden houses with hooks for keys etc on, the second was a gorgeous wooden box for notecards etc, I will hopefully post on the blog when I get a chance.
    Hope to call at ST very soon.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card, Dawn. I love the paper.
    The compass is a fab idea.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Dawn - I adore all the attention to detail - and this is yet another Mo image I'm going to have to have! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn!

    Hope you are well. Love this card, it's perfect for a male card. The little compass is so cute (clever you), perfect finishing touch. Take care.

    Colette xxx

    ReplyDelete