My Blog List

Tuesday 12 February 2013

A 'Crafty' Day



Good evening, well today I have been playing with some of the new Woodware stamps and making samples for work (Samuel Taylors).  I have had a lovely time with all three as they are all so different.  




Noah's Ark
For Noah's Ark I have stamped the image twice, once onto plain white card and again onto some craft card.  I coloured the image on the white card and cut out the Ark from the craft card, slightly tricky but worth it :)  I have used some simple white spot on blue and some paler craft card for the layers.



Trees
The tree card is my favourite :)  I have kept it really simple.  The solid trees I have stamped with Flitter Glue and then used gilding flakes.  I then stamped the skeleton trees onto acetate using Stazon black ink.  I attached the acetate to the craft card with some metal brads and then mounted them onto a plain white 6x6 card.  The little verse that comes with the trees was then stamped straight onto the plain card.  




Mother's Day Card
This is quite a large stamp and gives loads of opportunity to add embellishments or colour into the little circles.  I chose to use some pearls and card candi.  I stamped and cut out the image with a large scalloped circle die and then inked using an Adirondack Sandal ink pad.  I coloured the leaves with two shades of green Copic pens.  The background papers are Kaisercraft 75 cents collection.  I also used the tonic butterfly punch to punch out two butterflies from the same papers.  The sentiment is from a Kaisercraft set called 'Mother'.

Thanks for popping by and taking a look at my cards.  
Hugs
Dawn x


4 comments:

  1. Wow Dawn you have been so busy.
    Your three cards are all so different and all so gorgeous.
    I am after a new Baby type card and this Noah's Ark would fit the bill, it's lovely.
    Take care and see you soon I hope.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all fabulous Dawn - well done to you - I love the Noah's Ark one best of all - so cute - its a beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous :) thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay found your blog xxx Loving all your makes ;-)

    ReplyDelete