My Blog List

Tuesday 5 February 2013

I've been sewing!





Good morning, no it's not a rumour I have had a needle and thread in my hands :)  I spent a lovely afternoon with friends the other day making these beautiful fabric flowers, I actually only made one, the others I made a few days later, I am so proud of them, they were easy to make I have to admit but that's not the point, the point is that I made them :)  The little pot that they are in was a plastic cat milk bottle, I covered it with some Decopatch paper, it was just the right size for my flowers and if it gets knocked over by accident it won't break. I may just be making a few more of these pretty flowers as it also gives me an excuse to buy some more fabric! :)
Until next time....
Dawn x

Tutorial
Thank you all for your lovely comments, I have found a tutorial on a blog that shows you how to make the flowers, plus a variation which I am tempted to try too.  The circle I used is larger that the one she suggests, Nikki, you will probably find it easier with your group to use a larger circle as it makes it less fiddly.  The circle I used was 5.25 inches in diameter, I used a cardboard template and drew round the fabric with a pen.

7 comments:

  1. wow Dawn thats fab! its fun to play with different crafts and keeps our creativity alive xx Love the cat milk bottle too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Dawn! They would make fabulous brooches. Gorgeous fabrics too (I know exactly what you mean about buying fabric! I love buying fat quarters, especially bright and funky ones like Amy Butler etc).

    Colette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There beautiful Dawn :) well done you, you'll be making a big bouquet next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic, Dawn. Would you mind letting me know how they are made please as I run a craft group for five to fifteen year olds and the older ones would love to do this?
    Thanks, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are fabulous Dawn - so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful material flowers Dawn.
    So easy yet so effective. I might have a go at these for a scrapbook page.
    Hope I find you well.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers and such lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete