My Blog List

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

I've been sewing!





Good morning, no it's not a rumour I have had a needle and thread in my hands :)  I spent a lovely afternoon with friends the other day making these beautiful fabric flowers, I actually only made one, the others I made a few days later, I am so proud of them, they were easy to make I have to admit but that's not the point, the point is that I made them :)  The little pot that they are in was a plastic cat milk bottle, I covered it with some Decopatch paper, it was just the right size for my flowers and if it gets knocked over by accident it won't break. I may just be making a few more of these pretty flowers as it also gives me an excuse to buy some more fabric! :)
Until next time....
Dawn x

Tutorial
Thank you all for your lovely comments, I have found a tutorial on a blog that shows you how to make the flowers, plus a variation which I am tempted to try too.  The circle I used is larger that the one she suggests, Nikki, you will probably find it easier with your group to use a larger circle as it makes it less fiddly.  The circle I used was 5.25 inches in diameter, I used a cardboard template and drew round the fabric with a pen.