My Blog List

Wednesday 6 February 2013

'Owl' always be your friend



Well what do you know!  More fabric craftyness :)  Not much sewing on this one though.  I made these cute little owls using a Marianne Design Collectable die, I die cut the shapes from different coloured felts.  The wings didn't quite cut with the die but there was enough imprint for me to go round them with my scissors.  I then stuck them all together using fabric glue and then stitched around the edges of the fabric wings to give them a 'Patchworky' look. I stuffed them with a little cotton wool as I had no toy stuffing just to give them dimension.  I tied a tiny bow and glued that to the ear and on the second owl I added a ribbon so she can be hung up.....probably in my car :)  Now I 'Need' the bird die :)

Hugs
Dawn xxx

2 comments:

  1. this is fabulous Dawn - really creative - nearly finished a felt owl myself - it was meant for the Christmas tree - but it will get on there next year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute Dawn.
    Thanks for the flower tutorial.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete