My Blog List

Wednesday 20 November 2013

The BIG 50! and a Christmas card

What an amazing few days I have just had!  It was my 50th birthday on Monday 18th November and on Saturday evening, to celebrate we had a family meal at a local Indian restaurant.  It was lovely to see my two brothers, Darrin and Micah with their families, my parents and Kevin's bother and his wife and son, Kevin's Uncle Malcolm and Auntie June. The meal was delicious and the company fantastic!  

Me With my Parents



Some of the beautiful flowers and balloons I received 



On Sunday afternoon, my best friend Valerie, had planned a surprise treat for me, I had no idea what was happening or where I was going!   Val picked me up at 2.30pm and drove me to a local Hotel, The Stirk House, it's a very old and pretty hotel.  I  was taken to  a room with a burning log fire and was greeted by two more of my friends, Mandy and Lisa, we were all there for afternoon tea, it was heavenly! :) I could certainly become a lady that lunches, Lol


Afternoon Tea


Monday was my actual birthday, I received so many lovely cards and presents but the best surprise of all was the amazing video that Amy had arranged all the way from Thailand!  As you can imagine I cried! :)  There was also a bouquet of flowers delivered from Amy which happened to arrive just seconds after I had seen the video :) 

Flowers from Amy



Today is a day to craft :)  I am looking forward to spending some time in my craft room with my stash!  It's been such a hectic time so a little crafting therapy is definitely in order. Here is a little Christmas card I made on Thursday, it's quite a simple one using my Marianne design Mittens die and a border embossing folder that I got free on a magazine, sorry not sure which one it was.  I just added a bit of glitter on the cuffs and stamped a small 'Happy Christmas' sentiment.



                                                 

Well that's all for now folks, off to make some lunch and then craft, craft, craft :)
Hugs
Dawn x

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a brilliant time Dawn - you deserve it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. belated birthday wishes Dawn - looks like you were thoroughly spoiled - and so you should have been! Love your card too today - so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Dawn. Wow you don't look 50.
    Hope to see you again soon. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete