My Blog List

Friday 6 December 2013

Matchbox Gift

It's the weekend!!! :)  Hope you have all had a good week and managed to achieve all that you set out to accomplish this week.  I have had a busy but quite productive week and enjoyed a fabulous day on Wednesday, Christmas Crafting along with 10 friends.  We meet quite regularly for a couple of hours most months throughout the year but in December we have a day where we get together and spend the whole day doing something creative for Christmas.  This year we made Christmas crackers using the Tonic Christmas cracker die, the left over papers and card were made into gift tags. There was also a jewelry based Christmas decoration to make which involved wire bending and some very pretty beads.  Everyone contributed to the lunch which was wonderful and was topped off with delicious homemade Banoffee Pie, Millionaires shortbread and a fabulous fruit cake.

The little box I made below was a small gift of appreciation to Joanne who hosts the get together each time and keeps us supplied with teas and coffees.  I used my new Sizzix matchbox die to create the box and I decorated it with a Spellbinders Poinsettia flower and leaf.  I popped some tissue paper and a few chocolates inside the box.  I am really pleased with my new die, I've always loved little matchboxes and now I can make my own in any colour I like and fill them with little gifts or trinkets :)



This was one of my crackers.... 




...and my 'attempt' at the decoration (think I need to stick to paper crafts)




Well folks, it's getting late and I have a day of demos tomorrow at Samuel Taylors, I know...another day of craftiness, it's a hard life! :)
Thanks for taking a look at my blog and look forward to any comments you are kind enough to leave.
Hugs
Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. Hiya Dawn.
    Wow wow wow, they are fab.
    Can that matchbox go through the Big Shot or not, what a great die.
    Love the wire decoration, looks fab.
    Hey your crafting again tomorrow....wish I was there to see you. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie the matchbox die will go through the Big Shot, I had to buy some longer plates for my cuttlebug to use it but well worth the investment as I have seen some fab dies now I have the longer plate :) I got my die from http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/659198-sizzix-movers--shapers-xl-die---box-match-by-where-women-cook-26500-p.asp but they are out of stock at the moment. Had a fab day today using some tonic, cheery lynn and Siesta dies. Thanks for the kind comment on my wire decoration ;)
      Dawn x

      Delete
  2. hi Dawn - I love your box - they must be quite big for a matchbox - beautiful idea - think thats one that I might have to invest in!!! Love the cracker and the ornament too - and I think you should definitely continue to branch out - that ornament is fab!!! Have a great day demonstrating! What a wonderful job! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, the die was available here http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/659198-sizzix-movers--shapers-xl-die---box-match-by-where-women-cook-26500-p.asp but is out of stock at the moment, it is only a small box but slightly deeper than a small matchbox. Thanks for your kind words.
      Dawn x

      Delete
  3. Hi Dawn, Thanks for the heads up on the matchbox. I have bought before on Country View crafts so will keep my eyes open when it's back in.
    Re- the Wallets. I have made these from scratch using Indigo Blu thick card. the insides are hand done by me. I use a stamp for the Merry Christmas and I do the lines myself with a Uni Pin pen and ruler. Thanks for your comments.
    DebbieX

    ReplyDelete
  4. great box and love the poinsettia -love the cracker and the decoration is fantastic-found your blog through Rachels blog-love the blog header and you have some beautiful cards
    carol x

    ReplyDelete