My Blog List

Monday 6 January 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!  Thanks for popping by, hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and a great start to 2014 :)

We had a lovely Christmas although it was over far too quickly as usual :(  We shared some time with family and friends and even managed to open our presents from Amy while she watched all the way from Thailand...The marvels of technology!

I had every intention of spending lots of time crafting over the holidays but other things seemed to be more important so it was yesterday that I made this little card for my Godson who's celebrated his 8th birthday on Friday.  It's just a simple card using a topper from Lili of the Valley and some gingham and blue card.  I cut 'Steven' from silver mirror card using my Cricut Create and added a sentiment and some card candi. 






I edged the insert with some gingham card and then cut out some bones using a punch, I thought it tied in nicely with the image of the little dog on the front and kept it suitable for a boy :)




Have you made any New Year Resolutions?  I am just hoping to continue my keeping fit routine, so it's back to my Pilates this evening.  I am also going to look after my nails as I had some fabulous polishes as a Christmas present, I have made a good start by not biting them since Christmas day (not sure how long this one will last!) here's hoping in a few weeks I will have nails to be proud of!   Then of course I will continue with my crafting and blogging :) .....This one's easy!!! 

Looking forward to your comments and wishing you a 'crafty' 2014.

Dawn xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Dawn and you are certainly looking very fit - the excercise regime is paying off big time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Dawn happy New Year to you. Technology what a wiz it is!
    I too stopped biting my nails in June this year after biting them all my life. My nails are not very strong and don't grow very quick, but I had a girl put acrylics on and my own nails grew underneath, all that is history, they are great. I do put solo oil and handcream on tho, and use Nails Inc polish remover tubs to take varnish off.

    Gorgeous card for a boy, love this lotv image, so boyish. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a lovely Christmas Dawn - so glad you got to see your daughter on christmas day - very special. Love your card - I bet it went down well! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete