My Blog List

Sunday 26 January 2014

Say it with flowers

Good evening, I hope you have all had a good weekend and you're looking forward to the week ahead.  

We have had news from Amy to say that she has applied and been accepted for a scholarship in Thailand so she now won't be home until April not February as first expected.  We are both happy for her as she is really enjoying life out there and that's what's most important, even though we are missing her madly :(  At the moment she is on a break from her teacher training and has flown to Cambodia to do some site seeing around the temples at Angkor Wat, she then makes her way down through Thailand and back to Phuket to resume her scholarship.

Well onto something crafty now.  I have made this little birthday card for my sister in law as it was her birthday the other day.  I have used a Paper Smooches stamp set 'Friendly Flowers' and stamped them onto some BoBunny papers 'Hello Sunshine' collection then cut them out and mounted then onto a white card blank.  There is quite a lot of dimension on this card as I shaped the flowers before using pinflair glue gel to stick them to the card.  I cut a vase shape from my Cricut cartridge ' Walk in my Garden' and then added a cute little wooden ladybird.  The sentiment has been stamped directly to the card blank and then I have gone around the edge with a fine liner pen to frame the image.




Thanks for dropping by.
Hugs
Dawn x



1 comment:

  1. a truely beautiful card Dawn - good news about your daughter - although it means she'll be away longer. I bet she's having a blast xx

    ReplyDelete