My Blog List

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Tag Book and Tags

Good evening everyone, hope you have all had a fabulous Easter break and the Easter bunny left you lots of lovely chocolate eggs :)  I have been busy working this weekend but I did manage to have a walk along the river with Maisie and Kevin at Bolton Abbey, it was wonderful in the evening sunshine although the wind was quite strong and very cold.  

Well onto my crafty project...I would like to thank Janet Clarke for this idea, you can see her blog here. I saw some of the wonderful creations that were made at the retreat she had organised and thought what a great idea, I could start a tag book and then when I get a little tired of making cards I can have a change and add to my book.  The cover is a Worn Cover by Tim Holtz which I have covered with some script paper and added some metal corner protectors.  The sentiment has been stamped onto some craft card, I used a stamp from a Studio 490 set 'Approved Art'.  I added some 'screw' brads and mounted onto the front of the cover using Pinflair glue gel.  I then cut out a frame using the Honeycomb Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations die (I LOVE this die!) and then I found some papers that I have had for ages Papermania 'Chronology' and selected little features to cut out and pop behind the frame, it was a fiddly process but I love the effect :)  So cover finished all I had to do was make some tags to pop inside.



The first few tags in my book have been made using the Jofy stamp sets that I just love.  I got my first set as a free subscription gift from Craft Stamper magazine and I am hooked on them, just think they are so quirky.  I have used acrylic paint and then stamped the flowers and leaves with a Versfine black ink pad and then coloured them with my Prisma colour pencils.  The sentiment has been stamped onto craft card and then I cut out the words individually and then stuck them to the tag.  I then doodled an edge and added some string and bakers twine.





So this is the start of my tag book, I will post the additions to the book as and when they are completed.

Enjoy your evening and thank you to all who take the time to comment, it means so much.
Hugs
Dawn x

I would like to enter this creation into the following Blog Challenges:
Anything Goes - Crafting by Design
Anything Goes - My Mum's Craft Shop

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Dawn.
    Wow what a fab project. The book is stunning and the tags are gorgeous. I have a set of Joyf stamps (but they are quite expensive aren't they, so they are a considered purchase). Still love them tho', and your tags are fab.
    Have a good week.
    Angie went to Canada today, when she gets back we are popping through to see you all at ST. That will be between the middle of May and middle of June.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie, hope Angie has a great time in Canada and it will be great to see you when you are over at ST. We have the JOFY stamps in at a reasonable price atm, worth a look on the website.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful makes Dawn - I love this idea - I keep promising myself some worn covers to store my Tims tags but never manage to have enough money left at the end of the month to get them! Maybe next month lol! Loving JOFY stamps too - I've just ordered my second set - I love them xx

    ReplyDelete