My Blog List

Sunday 15 June 2014

Father`s Day Card - 1

Good evening, and hope you have enjoyed your weekend.  I have had a busy weekend, work on Saturday and today we have been visiting my parents and taking gifts and cards to our dads.  We had an early start with a FaceTime call from Amy in Thailand to her dad to wish him Happy Father's day.  It's always lovely to chat with her and catch up on all her news and it's so reassuring to see her and know that she is well and happy. 

I am showing the first of the Father's day card that I have made this year, this is the one that I made for my dad, he loves his gadgets and his iPhone so when I saw this stamp set I thought it was just perfect to make a card for him.  The stamp set I have used is a new release from Clearly Besotted Designs called 'Text Me'  I also bought the die set that goes with it.  I stamped out the phone image with black ink and then cut out the shape with the matching die.  I then stamped out the words and icons into the phone shape.  The word 'Dad' is die cut from an alphabet die.  The Happy Father's day sentiment is from LOTV.  I have raised the phone image and sentiment with foam pads. The chevron paper is from a 6x6 paper pad from Doodlebug, Kraft in Color.  I then added some enamel dots to finish off.


We still have Kevin's dads's card to deliver later this evening, so I will post a pic once he has received it.  I just thought I would do a quick post while the chicken is roasting for tea.  Thanks very much for popping by and for leaving comments.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Anything Goes - Clearly Besotted Challenge #12
Men - That Craft Place

Dawn xxx

3 comments:

  1. Super Father's Day card Dawn.
    Love those Enamel dots, I have this colour, great.
    debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm - roast chicken - I can even smell it Dawn - great card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Dawn, it looks perfect for any gadget-loving dad! Hope he had a wonderful Father's Day :) Thank you so much for entering the Clearly Besotted Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete