My Blog List

Thursday 12 June 2014

Plant Smiles


Well good evening or morning which ever it happens to be when I actually finish my post :) This is a first for me as I am doing this post on my new tablet device instead of my PC and it's quite late for me to still be awake, I am normally tucked up in bed and fast asleep at this hour :) I have had the first of my two days off work now and I am making the most of every moment. I have spent some time visiting my parents and had lunch with them. I have spent some time sorting out my tablet and getting all my accounts set up and working out how to use the thing :) think I have it fairly sussed now.  Looking forward to another day off tomorrow and hoping to do some crafting as I have two Father's day cards to make yet, I know, I shouldn't leave it until the last minute but there's nothing like a bit of pressure to get the crafty braincells going :)

The card I have to show today has been made using a cute Paper Smooches stamp set called 'Perky Plants" I have stamped the image onto some patterned paper, I think it came from a 6x6 paper pad from Prima, but not sure. I then cut out the image and mounted it onto another stamped image on a Spellbinders die cut shape. The embossed background was made using a folder that I got free with a magazine. The sentiment came with the stamp set (just love the font!) I added some googly eyes to the flower as it just seemed to cry out for them :) I finished off with three little enamel dots.  I hope you like my quirky flower card, I had fun making it :)


Well hopefully I haven't made too many mistakes doing this post. I am struggling to balance the tablet,  Gypsy the cat and Maisie the dog on my lap. I am sure I could have done this 10 times faster on my PC :) but at least I have had the company of my pets :) I think my bed is calling me now so I will say goodnight for now and thank you all for dropping by and taking a look at my blog.

Sweet dreams
Dawn xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Dawn - well I often struggle typing with just the cat on my lap so I admire your ability to do a post with a cat and a dog there! lol! Fab fun card - such a great image! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn.
    What a fab card. That Google Eyed plant is so fun.
    I was bought a Hudl for Christmas and even though I love it, I am really poor at doing stuff on it, i usually have to wait for my Daughter to come home from work to help me!!
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete