My Blog List

Thursday 26 June 2014

Tour de France and Amy's Birthday Card

Hi and thanks for dropping by, hope you are all well.  I have had a day doing jobs around the house and a bit of shopping in prepartation for our camping trip to the Velofest  (Tour de France camp site) at Kilnsey near Grassington.  We are only a few miles from Kilnsey but anyone who knows us will know that Kevin is a keen cyclist and we follow the TDF ever year, even if we are sat at home in front of the TV :)  The tour map goes up on the wall in the living room and we can see each stage as it progresses.  We have booked on the site from Thursday 3rd July to Monday 7th July and we are hoping to see the first two stages of the Tour de France as it passes by the campsite on the Saturday and then again on the Sunday as it goes past Bolton Abbey which is a few miles away. There are lots of events happening on the site, Giant screens to watch the race and groups on in the evenings as well as food and drink.  Really looking forward to  this year's race and getting so excited, can't wait to get my festival wrist band :) yes I know that sounds a bit sad but, hey ho, I won't be the only one Lol.

Well at last I can show you the card I have made for Amy's birthday, it arrived safely in Thailand last week along with the parcel of goodies we sent for her birthday.


I used a stamp set from Mama Elephant called 'Type it' and the matching die set.  I stamped the typewriter and then cut it out, I used a pale Copic marker to add a bit of colour to it.  I then stamped out the message on the sheet of paper stamp and again cut it out with the matching die.  I cut a circle out of the pink card and punched out some holes to make it look like a piece of paper out of a note book, I did this by using my Bind it All and then I rounded off the edges with a corner rounder.  I cut out 'Amy' using my Cricut machine and an arrow from a Little B set of dies.  I added some enamel dots and a little 'love you' sentiment that I stamped onto a banner die cut shape. The backing paper came from a Bobunny 6x6 pad called Prairie Chic.

Well got to dash now as I am off for my Pilates class so thanks again for taking the time to pop by my blog.

Dawn xxx

2 comments:

  1. brilliant card Dawn and glad to hear it arrived safely - you go ahead and enjoy the TDF - it sounds very exciting to me! Big Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card love the pastel colours and the typewriter image glad to hear it arrived safely-hope you enjoyed the TDF
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete