My Blog List

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Chevrons and The Tour de France


Hi there, hope you are all well this bright and sunny evening. I can't believe it's almost two weeks since we set off to the campsite at Kilnsey to see the Tour de France, where did that time go?!!!  Well we had an amazing time, the atmosphere was brilliant and we got a great view of the cyclists coming past Kilnsey Crag.  Kevin and I had a ride along the route on our bikes on Saturday morning before the roads were completely closed from all traffic.  We rode from Kilsney to Kettlewell along with hundreds of other bike riders, it was great because the public were already lining the route and were cheering us along :)  We watched the TDF Caravan parade and then went back to the big screen on the field to watch the race until it was a few miles from us and then we walked up to the edge of the road to see the Peloton go by, they went at such a rate it was difficult to make out any individual riders and the wind rushing by as they raced past was incredible!  We had wonderful few days and even the lovely sunshine appeared to add to the experience.  Well done Yorkshire for putting on such a spectacular event!  

(I have tried several times to add a little video for you all to see but with no success, if anyone has any tips on how to do this I would be most grateful)

Here are a few photos from the TDF weekend.



Our Campsite at Kilnsey


Kevin with Maisie and his brother David


The 'Yellow' sheep


The start of the Caravan


The giant screen where we watched the race once it had been past the campsite, the picture on the screen is as the peloton travel up the high street in Skipton, you can see the GIANT yellow  jersey on the church tower at the top of the street





I have a little card that I made to show today, I stamped some chevrons onto patterned paper using a stamp set by Avery Elle called 'To the point' I then die cut an inlay into the top layer of my card using a die from a 'Little B' set called Arrows.  I stamped a happy birthday greeting using a Paper Smooches stamp set and added some Doodlebug enamel chevrons to complete the card.  I think this would make a great card for a man.

Thanks for taking the time to drop in on my little blog.

Hugs
Dawn x

1 comment:

  1. so glad you had a good time at the tour de france - there was a lot of excitement over here too and I know a few who ventured over there and many more who watched the tv coverage - exciting times! Love your card Dawn - great chevrons! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete