My Blog List

Monday 20 October 2014

First Christmas Card...Yipppeee

Hello and hope you are well, I am suffering with a dreaded cold and a bit of a fever so taking things easy today, had a bit of a lie in and then I've been sat nice and cosy in my craft room making a few Christmas cards.  Here's the first of my cards....




This little card has been inspired by a lovely young lady, Lizzy, you can find her blog here, although not a craft blog, her book review blog is an interesting and informative read.  I had the pleasure of working with Lizzy this summer before she went off to uni and she made a sweet little sample one day using a stamp set that wasn't designed as a Christmas set but was perfectly adapted, so thanks on two accounts Lizzy! One for giving me inspiration and two for making me buy two sets of stamps to make this card ;) 

The animal stamps are from an Avery Elle set, Story Book.  I stamped them, coloured them with Copics and then die cut them out.  I have used Lawn Fawn, Stitched Hillside borders for the snow drifts and then added a couple of cute tiny snowmen from a Memory Box die set.  The tree is a Heartfelt Creations stamp which I have stamped using a Memento ink pad, Bamboo Leaves.  I made a background using Tim Holtz Distress Markers onto Water colour card and blended them through with a damp paint brush.  The sentiment is from a Paper Smooches stamp set.  I have added some tiny diamante stars to sparkle in the sky.

Thanks again for dropping by, take care and keep crafting :)

Dawn x

2 comments:

  1. That is a stunning card Dawn!! Apologies for making you but two sets ;)
    Hope to pop into the shop when I'm home for a quick hello and a catch up! :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card Dawn - I love this to pieces - don't know how I managed to miss this one! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete