My Blog List

Monday 13 October 2014

Trick or Treat

Good morning, hope you are all well on this October Monday Morning. How was your weekend?  I had a really busy day at work on Saturday as we had the Great Little Craft Festival, a two day event including papercraft demonstrations on Saturday and Fabric and knitting on Sunday.  It was lovely to meet the wonderful Jo Austin who was demonstrating Tonic dies, Sarah McCrossan who demonstrated the We R Memory keepers punch boards, Diane Whitehouse who made some wonderful creations with Crafter's Companion products and Samuel Taylor's own Sue Hobbs who made some beautiful cards using Dreamweaver and Sweet Poppy Stencils.  There were fabulous Christmas decorations on display made by Leanne Fitzpatrick from Habico and to top it all, Leanne brought with her some amazing home-baked cupcakes :)  

Today I have plenty of time on my hands as I have to prepare for my hospital visit tomorrow, I am not allowed to eat anything so I am trying to keep my mind off food which is almost impossible when you have been told not to eat anything :) I am sure crafting and blogging will help me through the day :)  I made another little Halloween card yesterday and a couple of treat bags.  The card I made using a stamp set from Mama Elephant 'Bootastic'  I stamped the images of the cat and witch and then coloured with Copic pens.  I used papers from Doodlebug ' Ghouls and Goodies' and a stitched tag die from Waltzing Mouse.  The spider's web is a Memory Box die 'Spider Web border' and the cute little spider sticker is from K & Company.  The baker's twine I used on the tag was a great find from TKMaxx at Keighley. They have had a few crafting products lately and this time when I went I found some rolls of baker's twine at £2.50 per roll and each roll has 125 meters! 





The treat bags were made using some pre-made paper bags which I have decorated with pieces of paper from the Ghouls and Goodies collection.  The ghosts have been die cut using the Lil' inkers stitched ghost die and then stamped with different faces from the co-ordinating stamp set.  The 'Boo!' and 'Open if you dare' sentiments are from the same stamp set.  Again, I used the small stitched tag from Waltzing Mouse.  I have filled the bags with some Halloween sweeties, there are giant eyeballs, brains and pumpkins...all made of chocolate of course :)  (mmm..feeling peckish now! oh well perhaps a glass of water will take the edge off!)  




Thanks for calling by and taking time to read and comment.  

Dawn x

1 comment: