My Blog List

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Snail Mail

Hi there and thanks for dropping by.  

The last week and a half have been a little stressful so I haven't managed to do much crafting lately. We are coping with a very poorly Maisie at the moment :(  Sadly Maisie has suffered a slipped disc which has ruptured and has resulted in major surgery to remove the disc.  The procedure was not straight forward but the surgeon has assured us that she will be considerably better now that the disc has been removed. The following days have been very worrying for us as Maisie seemed to go down hill following the operation and was totally off her food and not drinking.  It has taken a lot of time, love and care to syringe feed her, make sure that she got her medicines so that she was wasn't in any pain and keep her calm, warm and comfortable.  The good news is that yesterday she turned a corner and is now eating greedily, wagging her tale ten to the dozen and wandering round the house....albeit slowly :)  The relief to see her looking brighter is wonderful!  It's a long road to full recovery but we are feeling much more positive now :)




The card I have to show you today is one I made a couple of weeks ago using a Lawn Fawn stamp set called 'Gleeful Garden'.  As always, I have coloured the images with Copic pens and cut them out using the co-ordinating dies.  I used a pale blue Copic pen to create a background sky and then arranged the cute snails, grasses and toadstool to create a little garden scene.  I cut a tiny slit in the snails shell (I can assure you he felt no pain!) and slotted the envelope into the slit so he could carry it :)  The sentiment is a Clearly Besotted stamp from the set 'Sweet little sentiments'.  





I am off to give Maisie a cuddle now and chill out while I watch a bit of Create and Craft TV.  Hope you all have a fabulous week.

Love
Dawn and Maisie

No comments:

Post a Comment